Benefits of Oleaginoses for health
* Oilseeds are great sources of minerals, vitamins, fiber and healthy fats.
* They are an excellent option of fast snack because they do not require any previous preparation.
* Nuts are rich in phytosterol that regulates blood cholesterol levels and contributes to vasodilation, besides being rich in vitamin E, potassium and selenium.
* The Brazil nut contains magnesium, selenium and omega 3, but caution is required when ingested: only 2 per day are recommended.
* Hazelnuts have considerable amounts of Vitamin E, phosphorus, potassium and calcium. These nutrients contribute to cell exchanges, improving the functioning of the body. They are also rich in unsaturated fatty acids, essential in the prevention of cardiovascular diseases.
* Pistachio is the one that has more antioxidant substances. It contains lutein – an important substance that helps fighting free radicals; and beta-carotene that acts as an antioxidant. Like the nut, the pistachio also has phytosterols, which improve blood circulation as a whole.
** Although very healthy, the oleaginous are quite caloric. It is recommended to ingest a cup per day, except for Brazil nut.